Rhodes Summer Programs
Interested in a Maymester for 2024? Here is what you need to know!
General Eligibility Requirements:
- Students from any class year may apply.
- GPA: Have at least a 2.5 GPA. Some programs require a higher GPA, so please check each program's GPA requirements.
- Pass conduct screening by the Office of Community Standards.
- Meet the specific program requirements to the program to which you apply.
- Maymester Pop-Up Event: Troutt Quad: October 26th from 3-5 pm
- Applications are accepted on a rolling basis for most programs. The deadline to apply is February 1. Apply and submit early!
- Once accepted into the program, you are responsible for the cost of the program. Make sure to plan ahead, look at your summer calendar, and discuss with family.
- Reach out to the faculty leader of the Rhodes Summer Program you are interested in. That way you can receive communications about that specific program.
- Schedule an appointment with Rachel Gasser (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Check this page for updates to summer programming for 2024. We have a list of what was offered Summer 2023 below.
Rhodes offered the following programs in 2023:
- Arts and Language Across Spain with Dr. Bruce Jackson and Dr. Catherine Sundt
- Belgium Maymester with Dr. Denis Khantimirov
- Buddhism in Thai Society with Dr. Brooke Schedneck
- Caeserea City and Port Exploration Project with Dr. Kenny Morrell
- Environmental Archeology at Ames with Dr. Jeanne Lopiparo
- Environmental Field Study in Namibia with Dr. Michael Collins-
- Maymester in Togo with Dr. Abou-Bakar Mamah
- Spanish Immersion in Ecuador with Dr. Eric Henager
- Summer School in London with Dr. Vanessa Rogers-
Watch a quick interview with Dr. Collins as he discusses his Namibia program. Just click this image:
Students overlooking Namibia on the 2019 program.