RS 234. 3 credits; Includes Foundations Credit for F11.
Locations and Dates:
Cities in Poland, the Czech Republic, and Germany
May 20 - June 3, 2018
The program features travel in Germany, the Czech Republic and Poland. The trip will focus on pre-war Jewish and non-Jewish life in Central and Eastern Europe, the destruction during the Nazi era, and the postwar memory of the Holocaust. Among the places we will visit are the Buchenwald and Terezin concentration camps, the Treblinka and Auschwitz death camps, and a number of sites associated with Jewish life in Berlin, Prague, Krakow and Warsaw, including the Museum of Polish Jewry in Warsaw and the Museum of the German Resistance in Berlin.
Minimum GPA 2.0 and good academic and social standing.
Cost of program:
$3950 Cost will include travel between sites, all accommodation and ground transportation, entrance fees, administrative fees, health insurance, all breakfasts, some lunches, some dinners. For more information about the program fees, please contact Professor Haynes.
Professor Steve Haynes, firstname.lastname@example.org
Need-Based Scholarship Applicants:
NEW Summer Scholarship Process!
The Scholarship Application Process OPENS on December 1. First-Come, First-Served!
- Students with high amounts of need are urged to apply as soon as the Summer Scholarship Applications opens on December 1.
- There are up to TEN (10) Full-Cost Need-Based Scholarships available for participants on Rhodes' own Faculty-Led Summer Programs! Apply Early!
- Need based award amounts will vary, based on each student's individual FAFSA report. Some awards may cover as much as 100% of the program cost, though most applicants will receive less than that.
- Complete applications will be reviewed once received on a first-come, first-served basis, and award decisions will be made promptly. Once the funds are gone, no additional awards will be made.
- Students choosing to withdraw their Off-Campus Study Application for a Rhodes Summer Program must do so BY JANUARY15. Following January 15, Rhodes′ "Program Fees and Billing" Policy and Rhodes′ "Cancellation and Refund" Policy will apply. Follow this link to review our Policies.
- Must be a Rhodes College student to apply.
- You must submit BOTH your Need-Based Scholarship application AND your Off-Campus Study Application for the Maymester program, including your $300 deposit in order to be considered for a scholarship. Please contact the Study Abroad Office if you have any questions.